WHAT READERS AND REVIEWERS ARE SAYING ABOUT ANNA’S STORIES…
About The Drifter:
Anna Schmidt’s gift of storytelling has the ability to mesmerize the reader and transport them back to a place in time where simple survival came was fraught with many challenges.
"Readers wanting a good old fashioned Western romance need look no further than this one."
~ DearAuthor.com Read the full review.
"Oh dayum! The Drifter was GOOD! Freaking awesome characters--a fierce as hell heroine and one crazy sexy laid back cowboy, mystery and sabotage and a family doing everything they can to survive. Add in lots of cowhands who were all such characters and a cute pup named Cracker and I was just completely smitten with this one."
"The author has done a fantastic job of writing an exceptional western novel which I totally enjoyed. You will want to read this because it's really that good!"
- * "Excellent. What I really enjoyed about this book was how strong and determined she was. A woman trying to pick up the pieces that was left after the death of her father and her older brother packed up leaving her to take care of mother, sister and younger brother. Even though the pressure was on by the coming deadline to pay on her loan or leave the ranger. In steps Chet, he was a drifter looking for work. When he comes upon Maria’s ranch and that is when the story starts picking up the pace. Chet and Maria was a great love [story]. These two will have you cheering for them."
Schmidt seamlessly integrates actual events… with her fictional characters…a strong tale of hope and love in the face of insurmountable obstacles."
~ Publisher's Weekly
- "...an exceptionally well-written story...the writing is vivid...in this heart-wrenching story of love, forgiveness and perseverance."
~ Romantic Times, 4 Stars
* Thank you Anna Schmidt for teaching me a new lesson in history.
* Definitely a stand out…exceptional historical research and authenticity.
* This is fiction at its finest, embodying truths of the human heart and soul.
* …great characters, lots of suspense and intrigue, heroism and romance.
* I wish I could give this story more than 5 stars...
* a truly gripping story of love- family and togetherness- definitely a five star book- and have your hankie ready- because tears will fall!!!